Texans RB Foster out Sunday vs Cardinals
HOUSTON (AP) - Houston running back Arian Foster will miss Sunday's game against Arizona with an injured back.
The Pro Bowler didn't practice all week after injuring his back on Houston's first series against Indianapolis last week. He also missed most of Houston's previous game with a hamstring problem.
The team hasn't disclosed exactly what's wrong with Foster's back. Interim coach Wade Phillips said Friday that Foster had visited specialists about the problem and will likely seek more opinions.
Ben Tate, who is still recovering from four broken ribs, is expected to start in his place.
Dennis Johnson and Deji Karim, who were both signed last week, will play behind Tate.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!