Texans RB Foster out Sunday vs Cardinals
HOUSTON (AP) - Houston running back Arian Foster will miss Sunday's game against Arizona with an injured back.
The Pro Bowler didn't practice all week after injuring his back on Houston's first series against Indianapolis last week. He also missed most of Houston's previous game with a hamstring problem.
The team hasn't disclosed exactly what's wrong with Foster's back. Interim coach Wade Phillips said Friday that Foster had visited specialists about the problem and will likely seek more opinions.
Ben Tate, who is still recovering from four broken ribs, is expected to start in his place.
Dennis Johnson and Deji Karim, who were both signed last week, will play behind Tate.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.