Updated Nov 11, 2013 - 5:02 pm
Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Nov. 11
- Jake Ballard, who has been with the team less than a week, was at the facility. As were Drew Stanton and Mike Leach.
- Arians said Michael Floyd has a shoulder sprain and is day-to-day.
- Rookie guard Earl Watford got to speak to the assembled media. Not sure if he's ever been part of the hoard, but he seemed to enjoy the experience.
- Dan Buckner, an Arizona alum, was disappointed the Wildcats could not come back to beat the UCLA Bruins Saturday. However, he was impressed with how hard the team played and was glad they kept it close when many people thought it would be a blowout.
Stat of the Day
The Cardinals have trailed at halftime in four of their five wins this season, leading only the Atlanta Falcons at the intermission.
Quote of the Day
"It was my first catch since the Super Bowl in 2012," tight end Jake Ballard said of his 15-yard reception in the second quarter Sunday. "So yeah, it was pretty cool. As soon as he called the play I got a little bit nervous because I knew I was probably going to get it. I turned around, it was there and then I wasn't as nervous after that catch the rest of the game."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On November 11, 1990, the Phoenix Cardinals ran into the juggernaut that was the Buffalo Bills' offense in a 45-14 loss.
The Cardinals took a 7-0 first quarter lead on a one-yard touchdown run by Johnny Johnson, but the Bills scored the next 21 after that. A 29-yard pass from Timm Rosenbach to Ernie Jones brought the Cardinals to within seven in the third quarter, but the Bills tacked on another 24 points and that was all she wrote.
Rosenbach completed just 5-of-10 passes for 74 yards with one touchdown and an interception and Johnson tallied 66 yards and a score on 20 carries for the Cardinals.
Buffalo's Jim Kelly, on the other hand, completed 11-of-16 passes for 165 yards and four touchdowns, throwing just one pick. Thurman Thomas also gashed the Cardinals for 112 yards on 26 carries.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.