Updated Nov 11, 2013 - 5:02 pm
Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Nov. 11
- Jake Ballard, who has been with the team less than a week, was at the facility. As were Drew Stanton and Mike Leach.
- Arians said Michael Floyd has a shoulder sprain and is day-to-day.
- Rookie guard Earl Watford got to speak to the assembled media. Not sure if he's ever been part of the hoard, but he seemed to enjoy the experience.
- Dan Buckner, an Arizona alum, was disappointed the Wildcats could not come back to beat the UCLA Bruins Saturday. However, he was impressed with how hard the team played and was glad they kept it close when many people thought it would be a blowout.
Stat of the Day
The Cardinals have trailed at halftime in four of their five wins this season, leading only the Atlanta Falcons at the intermission.
Quote of the Day
"It was my first catch since the Super Bowl in 2012," tight end Jake Ballard said of his 15-yard reception in the second quarter Sunday. "So yeah, it was pretty cool. As soon as he called the play I got a little bit nervous because I knew I was probably going to get it. I turned around, it was there and then I wasn't as nervous after that catch the rest of the game."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On November 11, 1990, the Phoenix Cardinals ran into the juggernaut that was the Buffalo Bills' offense in a 45-14 loss.
The Cardinals took a 7-0 first quarter lead on a one-yard touchdown run by Johnny Johnson, but the Bills scored the next 21 after that. A 29-yard pass from Timm Rosenbach to Ernie Jones brought the Cardinals to within seven in the third quarter, but the Bills tacked on another 24 points and that was all she wrote.
Rosenbach completed just 5-of-10 passes for 74 yards with one touchdown and an interception and Johnson tallied 66 yards and a score on 20 carries for the Cardinals.
Buffalo's Jim Kelly, on the other hand, completed 11-of-16 passes for 165 yards and four touchdowns, throwing just one pick. Thurman Thomas also gashed the Cardinals for 112 yards on 26 carries.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.