Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians says Ben Roethlisberger will be a 'Steeler for life'
Yahoo! Sports NFL insider Michael Silver went on to say that if Pittsburgh did shop the two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback, Arizona would be a likely landing spot because of his close relationship with Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians, who served as Big Ben's offensive coordinator for five seasons.
Roethlisberger himself denied the report, calling it "one of the biggest B.S. stories" he's ever heard.
Meanwhile, Arians was asked about the rumor and his relationship with Roethlisberger Monday on Arizona Sports 620's "The Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta."
"He's like a second son to me," Arians said. "We play a lot of golf together -- he flew out here in March and we played golf and he lives around the corner from me down at Reynolds Plantation in Georgia. My children and he are very close."
Arians continued by shooting down any Roethlisberger-to-Arizona rumors.
"He's going to be a Steeler for life," Arians said. "I don't think there's any doubt."
Pittsburgh drafted Roethlisberger out of Miami of Ohio with the 11th overall selection in the 2004 NFL Draft. He's the franchise's all-time leader with 32,378 passing yards and has led the Steelers to three Super Bowl titles, including SB XLII when they defeated the Cardinals in Tampa, 27-23.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.