Updated Nov 13, 2013 - 4:02 pm
Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Nov. 13
- Michael Floyd was not practicing with his team during the portion that was open to the media. The receiver was, however, on the sideline playing catch.
- No one else seemed to be missing (of people we would expect to be on the field). *As noted on the official injury report, John Abraham, who walked onto the field just as special teams drills ended, did not practice.
- Carson Palmer is growing a "Movember" mustache. It's...ummm...a different look, to say the least.
- Jay Feely spent some time acting as the punt returner during part of practice. His hands are pretty good...for a kicker.
- At one point during WR drills, Larry Fitzgerald appeared to be surprised that the pass was thrown to him. Low and behind him, he reached out and snatched it with one hand. I think that guy has a future in the league.
Stat of the Day
The last time the Cardinals played the Jaguars, which was Sept. 20, 2009, QB Kurt Warner completed 24-of-26 passes for 243 yards and two touchdowns in a 31-14 win. His completion percentage that day was 92.3, and his QB rating was 131.2.
Quote of the Day
"That's usually the second-string quarterback," coach Bruce Arians said of who tends to become popular while a starter like RB Rashard Mendenhall becomes a bit of a whipping boy for fans. "That's fine. Rashard can handle it, I can handle it."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On November 13, 1994, the Cardinals' defense, led by Buddy Ryan, dominated the New York Giants in a 10-9 road win.
The Cardinals held Giants QB Kent Graham (he of future Cardinal 'fame') to just 9-of-26 passing for 92 yards with one touchdown and one interception. They sacked him just once, and limited the Giants to just 81 net passing yards.
At the same time, it was not as if the Cardinals' offense lit up the scoreboard. After falling behind 9-0 in the first half (thanks to a touchdown and a safety), Steve Beurlein managed to guide the team to a pair of scoring drives. The first culminated with a 45-yard Greg Davis field goal in the third quarter, and the second was a nine-yard TD pass to WR Bryan Reeves in the fourth.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
- GM Steve Keim updates Arizona Cardinals' draft progress
- NFL Draft '14: Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to draft a QB?
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- 2014 Arizona Cardinals draft stock tracker
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.