Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Nov. 14
- John Abraham walked out and started stretching during the portion of practice that was open to the media. Michael Floyd, who also missed Wednesday's session, also appeared like he was going to give it a shot. Just saw the injury report, and both players were listed as "limited."
- Basically, media gets to watch the special teams work. Seeing how the Cardinals can put guys like Patrick Peterson and Tyrann Mathieu in for punt returns is a great bonus for them, and could be scary if they are ever on the field at the same time for a return.
- Sitting in the media work room, you could hear the Cardinals simulating crowd noise during practice. Given that the game is in Jacksonville, I'm really not sure why...
Stat of the Day
Cardinals kicker Jay Feely missed a 50-yard field goal at the end of the first half Week 1 against the St. Louis Rams. He's 16-for-16 on field goal attempts since.
Quote of the Day
"By far," linebacker Karlos Dansby said when asked if this is the best linebacker group he's been a part of. "These guys are very talented, they push me every day. I enjoy playing with them -- they keep me young."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On November 14, 2010, the Cardinals suffered 36-18 home loss at the hands of the Seattle Seahawks.
Things started well enough, as the Cardinals took a 7-0 lead on a two-yard run from Tim Hightower, but the Seahawks answered with a Marshawn Lynch TD run and Arizona never led again.
In truth, this game was a field goal fest. Seattle's Olindo Mare converted on 5-of-6 attempts, making good from 41, 34, 19 , 23 and 19 yards.
For the Cardinals, Derek Anderson completed 23-of-45 passes for 322 yards with one touchdown and one interception. He was also sacked five times.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.