Updated Nov 15, 2013 - 2:36 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Michael Floyd expects to play Sunday against Jacksonville Jaguars
The second-year receiver hurt his shoulder in the Cardinals' win over the Houston Texans last week and after not practicing Wednesday was "limited" Thursday and Friday. He's listed as "questionable" on the official injury report, but said Friday he not only expects to play, but plans on playing his normal allotment of reps.
"Not holding anything back," he said Friday. "If I was going to hold anything back, I probably wouldn't play, so...yeah, I'm going to play."
Taken with the 13th pick in the first round out of Notre Dame last season, Floyd has been about as productive as you could expect. In nine games this season, he's caught 36 passes for 464 yards and two touchdowns, all of which rank second on the team.
The team's offense did not suffer too much without him last week, as receiver Andre Roberts and tight end Rob Housler stepped in and had big games, combining for 129 yards and two touchdowns on nine receptions.
However, their performance did not make Roberts feel any extra pressure to get back on the field.
"If I don't feel right there's no need for me to get in there," he said. "It was an opportunity for 'Dre to get in there and he did a good job. That's what the whole team expects, is if someone goes down it's the next man up."
But according to Floyd -- and his coach -- that will be Floyd Sunday in Jacksonville.
"Michael should be ready to go," he said Friday. "He practiced yesterday and today and looks pretty solid."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.