Updated Nov 15, 2013 - 2:36 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Michael Floyd expects to play Sunday against Jacksonville Jaguars
The second-year receiver hurt his shoulder in the Cardinals' win over the Houston Texans last week and after not practicing Wednesday was "limited" Thursday and Friday. He's listed as "questionable" on the official injury report, but said Friday he not only expects to play, but plans on playing his normal allotment of reps.
"Not holding anything back," he said Friday. "If I was going to hold anything back, I probably wouldn't play, so...yeah, I'm going to play."
Taken with the 13th pick in the first round out of Notre Dame last season, Floyd has been about as productive as you could expect. In nine games this season, he's caught 36 passes for 464 yards and two touchdowns, all of which rank second on the team.
The team's offense did not suffer too much without him last week, as receiver Andre Roberts and tight end Rob Housler stepped in and had big games, combining for 129 yards and two touchdowns on nine receptions.
However, their performance did not make Roberts feel any extra pressure to get back on the field.
"If I don't feel right there's no need for me to get in there," he said. "It was an opportunity for 'Dre to get in there and he did a good job. That's what the whole team expects, is if someone goes down it's the next man up."
But according to Floyd -- and his coach -- that will be Floyd Sunday in Jacksonville.
"Michael should be ready to go," he said Friday. "He practiced yesterday and today and looks pretty solid."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.