Arizona Cardinals WR Michael Floyd impresses by overcoming adversity
The second-year pro from Notre Dame had six catches for 193 yards and his 91-yard touchdown catch in the third quarter gave Arizona a 10-point lead.
The numbers, obviously, were impressive, but Cardinals general manager Steve Keim says Floyd caught his eye for another reason.
"He actually bounced back from some adversity, I thought early in the game, there were one or two plays where I thought there were catchable balls that he had dropped. They were in traffic, so they would have been difficult catches, but still they were the kind of catches the 13th-overall pick would make," Keim told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday morning.
"He's such a competitor that he came back and made those big plays for us and I think that's just something that's going to continue to grow and he'll build on."
Not too bad for a guy who missed practice last Wednesday with a shoulder injury and who was listed as 'questionable' heading into the game.
Floyd's 91-yard reception was the longest Cardinals pass play since their inaugural season in the desert when Neil Lomax connected with Ernie Jones on a 93-yard scoring strike in a Week 15 win over the Philadelphia Eagles.
His yardage total was the second-highest mark in the Cardinals' Arizona history. Anquan Boldin holds the mark with 217 yards set in his first NFL game in Week 1 of the 2003 season against the Detroit Lions.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b