Cardinals legend Aeneas Williams still awaiting a trip to Hall of Fame
The hosts of NFL Network's "Pro Football Hall of Fame: The First Cut" speculated that the former Cardinals cornerback will have to wait a few more years before getting called to the Hall of Fame.
Williams fell under the show's "not for the foreseeable future" category, but host Elliot Harrison had positive things to say about the Cardinals legend.
I once heard Troy Aikman say Williams was the best corner he ever played against. Considering Aikman also faced Darrell Green and Deion Sanders, that's enough for me. With the dearth of premiere corners, 2017 or '18 sounds about right for Williams.
On the program, only defensive end Michael Strahan, linebacker Derrick Brooks and tackle Walter Jones were considered locks for the 2014 class.
Williams never missed a game and he started every contest except one for Arizona from 1991-2000. In 10 seasons with the Cardinals and four with the St. Louis Rams, the 5-foot-11 cornerback compiled 55 interceptions (20th most in NFL history), returning nine of them for touchdowns. He made the Pro Bowl six times as a Cardinal and twice as a Ram. He was also a First-Team All-Pro three times in his career.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b