Updated Nov 22, 2013 - 3:04 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Justin Bethel questionable to play Sunday vs. Indianapolis Colts
They're just not sure if he's going to be able to as he still recovers from a concussion sustained in Sunday's win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Bethel was listed as "questionable" on the team's final injury report, which was released Friday after practice. Bethel participated, at least in the portion of the proceedings that was open to the media, but afterward head coach Bruce Arians said he is "a game time decision."
The coach added that the team will be worse off, but still fine if Bethel is unable to go.
"We've got able, capable people, we'll miss him because he's special, but I think he's going to be alright."
The second-year pro out of Presbyterian has made quite a name for himself this season with his work as a gunner on the punt team and rusher off the edge on field goals. Bethel was cleared to practice Wednesday, but then missed Thursday.
"Just a little headache, but he's cleared, everything's good," Arians said. "And it's just a matter of some symptoms."
And if they don't subside in time for the game? Arians said a quartet of players would fill in for Bethel.
"It will be a committee," he said. "In each one of the phases."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Panel ranks Arizona Cardinals' Bruce Arians as the NFL's 13th-best head coach
- The Pulse: Most fans not very concerned with the Arizona Cardinals' preseason loss to the Cincinnati Bengals
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.