Updated Nov 22, 2013 - 3:04 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Justin Bethel questionable to play Sunday vs. Indianapolis Colts
They're just not sure if he's going to be able to as he still recovers from a concussion sustained in Sunday's win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Bethel was listed as "questionable" on the team's final injury report, which was released Friday after practice. Bethel participated, at least in the portion of the proceedings that was open to the media, but afterward head coach Bruce Arians said he is "a game time decision."
The coach added that the team will be worse off, but still fine if Bethel is unable to go.
"We've got able, capable people, we'll miss him because he's special, but I think he's going to be alright."
The second-year pro out of Presbyterian has made quite a name for himself this season with his work as a gunner on the punt team and rusher off the edge on field goals. Bethel was cleared to practice Wednesday, but then missed Thursday.
"Just a little headache, but he's cleared, everything's good," Arians said. "And it's just a matter of some symptoms."
And if they don't subside in time for the game? Arians said a quartet of players would fill in for Bethel.
"It will be a committee," he said. "In each one of the phases."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves