Arizona Cardinals special teams ace Justin Bethel active against Indianapolis
He was not among the seven players designated as inactive Sunday.
Bethel suffered a concussion early in the second quarter at Jacksonville last Sunday, and had been listed as questionable all week.
His availability is a bonus for the Cardinals, who rely on him heavily on special teams. He's the No. 1 gunner on the team, and his quickness off the edge has resulted in two blocked field goals -- Week 2 against Detroit and Week 10 against Houston.
Bethel has a team-high 12 special teams tackles, plus he has downed five punts inside the 20-yard line this season.
For the third straight week, the Cardinals' inactives are the same:
WR Brittan Golden
QB Ryan Lindley
LB Dontay Moch
TE Kory Sperry
DE Ronald Talley
G Earl Watford
RB Ryan Williams
Golden, it should be mentioned, is still bothered by a hamstring injury. This week marked the first time he participated each day in practice, albeit on a limited basis.
The remaining six players are healthy scratches.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington 'physically ready for that pounding' he expects this season
- Reunited with Bruce Arians, Arizona Cardinals tackle Max Starks looking forward to new challenges
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.