Arizona Cardinals special teams ace Justin Bethel active against Indianapolis
He was not among the seven players designated as inactive Sunday.
Bethel suffered a concussion early in the second quarter at Jacksonville last Sunday, and had been listed as questionable all week.
His availability is a bonus for the Cardinals, who rely on him heavily on special teams. He's the No. 1 gunner on the team, and his quickness off the edge has resulted in two blocked field goals -- Week 2 against Detroit and Week 10 against Houston.
Bethel has a team-high 12 special teams tackles, plus he has downed five punts inside the 20-yard line this season.
For the third straight week, the Cardinals' inactives are the same:
WR Brittan Golden
QB Ryan Lindley
LB Dontay Moch
TE Kory Sperry
DE Ronald Talley
G Earl Watford
RB Ryan Williams
Golden, it should be mentioned, is still bothered by a hamstring injury. This week marked the first time he participated each day in practice, albeit on a limited basis.
The remaining six players are healthy scratches.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!