Updated Nov 27, 2013 - 8:00 am
Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer named NFC Offensive Player of the Week
Now he's winning awards.
The 10th-year veteran was named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week Wednesday for his performance last Sunday in a 40-11 win over the Indianapolis Colts.
Palmer completed 26-of-37 passes for 314 yards and two touchdowns in the game for a passer rating of 114.
This is the third time that Palmer has won a Player of the Week Award, and the first since the 2009 season when he was a member of the Cincinnati Bengals. He's also the sixth different Cardinals quarterback to win the weekly honor, joining Neil Lomax, Kent Graham, Boomer Esiason, Jake Plummer and Kurt Warner.
Palmer joins Patrick Peterson as the only Cardinals to win a weekly award this season. Peterson was the NFC Defensive Player of Week 4 after he had two interceptions in a win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.