Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Nov. 27
- Bruce Arians told us the team was healthy and there did not appear to be any key players missing from the practice field.
- As usual, Karlos Dansby spent time on the sideline catching passes. He had that pick-six against the Colts, but any dropped passes before that was not due to a lack of practice time.
- Dan Buckner, who is on the practice squad, is fired up for the Territorial Cup matchup between his Arizona Wildcats and the Arizona State Sun Devils. Since he does not travel with the Cardinals, he plans on being in Tempe Saturday to watch the game.
Stat of the Day
Eagles quarterback Nick Foles has thrown 162 passes this season without being picked off. The Cardinals are tied for third in the NFL in interceptions, so something is going to have to give.
Quote of the Day
"He hasn't told you what I do to him almost every time we break the huddle," a smiling Cardinals DB Patrick Peterson said when asked of linebacker Karlos Dansby's 'super-soft hands.' "I have to rub his hands; kind of give him some of my grip.
"But he's been doing a great job. Man, he could be in the race for defensive MVP if he caught the last six he dropped. But he got the one, hopefully this will get him over the hump."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On November 27, 2008, the Cardinals went to Philadelphia to play the Eagles on Thanksgiving night.
And it was as ugly as the 48-20 final score would suggest.
The Eagles raced out to a 21-0 lead courtesy of running back Brian Westbrook, who caught two touchdown passes while adding another score via the ground. A Kurt Warner to Larry Fitzgerald pass got the Cards on the board, but it was 24-7 heading into the half, and 31-7 after Westbrook added another touchdown early in the third quarter.
The Cardinals added a pair of touchdowns (TD receptions by Steve Breaston and Fitzgerald), but the Eagles had a field goal in between those and added another two touchdowns to finish off the route.
For the game, Warner completed 21-of-29 passes for 235 yards with three touchdowns and three interceptions. The Cardinals also managed a paltry 25 yards on 10 carries.
On the other hand, the Eagles had themselves quite an evening. QB Donovan McNabb completed 27-of-39 passes for 260 yards with four touchdowns, while Westbrook added 110 yards rushing and another 20 receiving, along with his four total touchdowns.
It was a rough night for the Cardinals, but at least they got some revenge a couple months later...
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 27, 2014
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.