Updated Dec 2, 2013 - 8:59 am
Arizona Cardinals' 24-21 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles: By the numbers
Here's a look back at the three-point loss by the numbers:
Arizona's turnover-free streak stopped at two games. On each of the Cardinals' first two possessions, the offense turned it over -- Trent Cole forced a fumble and Nate Allen came up with an interception.
The Cardinals lost the turnover battle 3-0, as Carson Palmer was also picked off by Cary Williams in the third quarter.
The Cardinals' offensive line allowed five sacks for the first time since giving up seven to the Seattle Seahawks back in Week 7. Coincidentally, that was the last time Arizona lost before Sunday.
John Abraham's second-quarter sack of Nick Foles was his eighth of the season and eighth in his last six games. Abraham, who has at least eight sacks in 10 different NFL seasons, is 2.5 sacks behind Lawrence Taylor for 10th on the all-time list.
The Cardinals got on the board in the second quarter after Carson Palmer connected with Larry Fitzgerald on a 43-yard strike on 3rd and 20. Fitzgerald has nine touchdowns in a season for the fifth time in his career. The touchdown was his 10th in six career games against Philadelphia.
The Cardinals only had six penalties for 55 yards on the afternoon, but two prove costly in the fourth quarter.
After Nick Foles appeared to have thrown his first interception of the season, Arizona safety Tyrann Mathieu was whistled for an apparent hold on Jason Avant to negate the play.
Then as the Cardinals looked to have stopped the Eagles on third and four at the nine-yard line, Matt Shaughnessy was whistled for a hold on Zach Ertz. Instead of kicking a field goal to go up by six, Philadelphia was able to run out the clock.
Following the penalty on Shaughnessy, Daryl Washington was also whistled for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.
While the three infractions were for a combined 12 yards, they proved to be monumental in the tight contest.
With their three touchdown receptions, Zach Ertz and Brent Celek became the 12th, 13th and 14th tight ends to reach the end zone against Todd Bowles' unit. Arizona has allowed five different teams (49ers, Eagles, Rams, Saints and Seahawks) to score multiple touchdowns using tight ends.
Michael Floyd's 23-yard touchdown reception in the third quarter gave him three in the past five weeks. He had three in his previous 23 games.
In the absence of Andre Ellington, running back Rashard Mendenhall ran for a season-high 76 yards on 18 carries. He finished with just three fewer yards on the ground than the NFL's leading rusher, LeSean McCoy.
Including the NFC Championship Game, the Eagles ended a three-game losing streak against the Cardinals dating back to Nov. 2008. That year, Philadelphia won in a Thanksgiving Night rout 48-20, but Arizona reached the Super Bowl.
Palmer has thrown at least two touchdown passes in each of his last five games. It's his longest multi-touchdown streak since 2010.
While his interception streak ended, Palmer passed the 3,000-yard mark Sunday, becoming the first Arizona quarterback to achieve the feat since Kurt Warner back in 2009.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!