Eagles' CB on Arizona Cardinals: 'Let's not be crybabies'
In the last four minutes of the contest, the Cardinals were called for two costly defensive holding penalties, one of which nullified a Patrick Peterson interception that would have given Arizona great field position.
Cardinals receiver Michael Floyd didn't get holding or pass interference calls on two pass plays in the team's final possession despite obvious contact.
So did Cardinals' head coach Bruce Arians, who said there were at least 15 plays he called to the attention of the NFL's vice president of officiating Dean Blandino.
That apparently didn't sit well with Eagles defensive back Cary Williams, who spouted off to the Philadelphia media Tuesday.
"Man, let's not be crybabies," Williams said."I don't know, man. I thought the refs kept them in the game to some degree, at times. But it's about football man. It's about going out there, executing. If they came in here with a different attitude, maybe not so nonchalant maybe, thinking it was going to be a cakewalk, maybe ... I don't know. I'm not big on teams sending stuff in and, ‘This is what needs to be called.' Man, play the game, dude. It's football, man. Don't blame it on the refs. Blame it on your preparation that week.
"I've never been a fan of coaches sending stuff into the refs, unless it was blatant. To me, I didn't feel like it was anything that was blatant on the field."
Williams played for the Baltimore Ravens for four seasons, and isn't a big fan of Arians going back to his days as offensive coordinator of the Steelers.
"You know how I feel about those Pittsburgh guys anyway," he said.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.