Eagles' CB on Arizona Cardinals: 'Let's not be crybabies'
In the last four minutes of the contest, the Cardinals were called for two costly defensive holding penalties, one of which nullified a Patrick Peterson interception that would have given Arizona great field position.
Cardinals receiver Michael Floyd didn't get holding or pass interference calls on two pass plays in the team's final possession despite obvious contact.
So did Cardinals' head coach Bruce Arians, who said there were at least 15 plays he called to the attention of the NFL's vice president of officiating Dean Blandino.
That apparently didn't sit well with Eagles defensive back Cary Williams, who spouted off to the Philadelphia media Tuesday.
"Man, let's not be crybabies," Williams said."I don't know, man. I thought the refs kept them in the game to some degree, at times. But it's about football man. It's about going out there, executing. If they came in here with a different attitude, maybe not so nonchalant maybe, thinking it was going to be a cakewalk, maybe ... I don't know. I'm not big on teams sending stuff in and, ‘This is what needs to be called.' Man, play the game, dude. It's football, man. Don't blame it on the refs. Blame it on your preparation that week.
"I've never been a fan of coaches sending stuff into the refs, unless it was blatant. To me, I didn't feel like it was anything that was blatant on the field."
Williams played for the Baltimore Ravens for four seasons, and isn't a big fan of Arians going back to his days as offensive coordinator of the Steelers.
"You know how I feel about those Pittsburgh guys anyway," he said.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?