Eagles' CB on Arizona Cardinals: 'Let's not be crybabies'
In the last four minutes of the contest, the Cardinals were called for two costly defensive holding penalties, one of which nullified a Patrick Peterson interception that would have given Arizona great field position.
Cardinals receiver Michael Floyd didn't get holding or pass interference calls on two pass plays in the team's final possession despite obvious contact.
So did Cardinals' head coach Bruce Arians, who said there were at least 15 plays he called to the attention of the NFL's vice president of officiating Dean Blandino.
That apparently didn't sit well with Eagles defensive back Cary Williams, who spouted off to the Philadelphia media Tuesday.
"Man, let's not be crybabies," Williams said."I don't know, man. I thought the refs kept them in the game to some degree, at times. But it's about football man. It's about going out there, executing. If they came in here with a different attitude, maybe not so nonchalant maybe, thinking it was going to be a cakewalk, maybe ... I don't know. I'm not big on teams sending stuff in and, ‘This is what needs to be called.' Man, play the game, dude. It's football, man. Don't blame it on the refs. Blame it on your preparation that week.
"I've never been a fan of coaches sending stuff into the refs, unless it was blatant. To me, I didn't feel like it was anything that was blatant on the field."
Williams played for the Baltimore Ravens for four seasons, and isn't a big fan of Arians going back to his days as offensive coordinator of the Steelers.
"You know how I feel about those Pittsburgh guys anyway," he said.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.