Eagles' CB on Arizona Cardinals: 'Let's not be crybabies'
In the last four minutes of the contest, the Cardinals were called for two costly defensive holding penalties, one of which nullified a Patrick Peterson interception that would have given Arizona great field position.
Cardinals receiver Michael Floyd didn't get holding or pass interference calls on two pass plays in the team's final possession despite obvious contact.
So did Cardinals' head coach Bruce Arians, who said there were at least 15 plays he called to the attention of the NFL's vice president of officiating Dean Blandino.
That apparently didn't sit well with Eagles defensive back Cary Williams, who spouted off to the Philadelphia media Tuesday.
"Man, let's not be crybabies," Williams said."I don't know, man. I thought the refs kept them in the game to some degree, at times. But it's about football man. It's about going out there, executing. If they came in here with a different attitude, maybe not so nonchalant maybe, thinking it was going to be a cakewalk, maybe ... I don't know. I'm not big on teams sending stuff in and, ‘This is what needs to be called.' Man, play the game, dude. It's football, man. Don't blame it on the refs. Blame it on your preparation that week.
"I've never been a fan of coaches sending stuff into the refs, unless it was blatant. To me, I didn't feel like it was anything that was blatant on the field."
Williams played for the Baltimore Ravens for four seasons, and isn't a big fan of Arians going back to his days as offensive coordinator of the Steelers.
"You know how I feel about those Pittsburgh guys anyway," he said.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!