Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Goodwin was asked if left tackle Bradley Sowell is ready to face Robert Quinn Sunday, and he responded by saying he does not know if any left tackle is ever really prepared to face the game's elite defensive ends.
- When pressed on the health of some of his players, though, Goodwin was less forthcoming. Asked about QB Carson Palmer, who has an elbow issue, Goodwin said, "I don't talk about injuries; as far as I know, he practiced today."
- Following practice, Cardinals President Michael Bidwill held a press conference to discuss Jay Feely being named the Cardinals' Walter Payton Man of the Year. Bidwill said they "couldn't be more pleased" that Feely got the honor.
- Safety Rashad Johnson said there's little difference for the team in preparing for a quarterback like Kellen Clemens, who they have not seen much of.
- Bowles does not seem terribly concerned with his team's struggles in defending tight ends. Referencing last Sunday's game against the Eagles, he said, "Going into the ballgame you try to take away McCoy, you try to take away Jackson, you try to take away Cooper" while trying to limit the damage done by the tight ends. But, he admitted the team needed to play better defense in the red zone.
Stat of the Day
Rams QB Kellen Clemens has appeared in just one game against the Cardinals during his career. He threw one incomplete pass in the Rams' 31-17 win over Arizona last season.
Quote of the Day
"I think we're getting better as an offense and in the run game and there's more opportunity," running back Rashard Mendenhall said of his improved play. "I've been able to capitalize on that."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On December 5, 1993, the Cardinals destroyed the L.A. Rams by a score of 38-10.
The game, which was played at Sun Devil Stadium, was hardly competitive, and the Cardinals never trailed.
Ronald Moore was the star of the show for the Cardinals, as the running back carried the ball 29 times for 126 yards and four touchdowns. Receiver Gary Clark hauled in eight passes for 159 yards and a score, and quarterback Steve Beurlein completed 14-of-25 passes for 250 yards and a touchdown.
Interestingly, there were only three penalties called the entire game, and the win improved the Cards to 4-8 on the season.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?