Cardinals place Mathieu on season-ending IR
Mathieu tore his ACL and LCL on a kickoff return in Sunday's win over the St. Louis Rams. The rookie overcame a host of off-the-field issues that led to his dismissal from the LSU football team to become one of the league's most productive rookies.
Mathieu is a leading candidate for the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year award. He's recorded 68 tackles to go along with nine pass deflections and two interceptions. He also forced a fumble and started 11 of the Cardinals' 13 games.
Taylor has played in 12 NFL games after being selected in the seventh round of the 2009 draft by the San Francisco 49ers. The LSU product has been on the Cardinals' practice squad all season.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.