Cardinals place Mathieu on season-ending IR
Mathieu tore his ACL and LCL on a kickoff return in Sunday's win over the St. Louis Rams. The rookie overcame a host of off-the-field issues that led to his dismissal from the LSU football team to become one of the league's most productive rookies.
Mathieu is a leading candidate for the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year award. He's recorded 68 tackles to go along with nine pass deflections and two interceptions. He also forced a fumble and started 11 of the Cardinals' 13 games.
Taylor has played in 12 NFL games after being selected in the seventh round of the 2009 draft by the San Francisco 49ers. The LSU product has been on the Cardinals' practice squad all season.
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson on contract extension: 'I haven't had my reality check just yet'
- The Floyd Factor
- Patrick Peterson becomes highest paid CB, Richard Sherman has something to say (tweet)
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.