Cardinals place Mathieu on season-ending IR
Mathieu tore his ACL and LCL on a kickoff return in Sunday's win over the St. Louis Rams. The rookie overcame a host of off-the-field issues that led to his dismissal from the LSU football team to become one of the league's most productive rookies.
Mathieu is a leading candidate for the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year award. He's recorded 68 tackles to go along with nine pass deflections and two interceptions. He also forced a fumble and started 11 of the Cardinals' 13 games.
Taylor has played in 12 NFL games after being selected in the seventh round of the 2009 draft by the San Francisco 49ers. The LSU product has been on the Cardinals' practice squad all season.
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.