Cardinals place Mathieu on season-ending IR
Mathieu tore his ACL and LCL on a kickoff return in Sunday's win over the St. Louis Rams. The rookie overcame a host of off-the-field issues that led to his dismissal from the LSU football team to become one of the league's most productive rookies.
Mathieu is a leading candidate for the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year award. He's recorded 68 tackles to go along with nine pass deflections and two interceptions. He also forced a fumble and started 11 of the Cardinals' 13 games.
Taylor has played in 12 NFL games after being selected in the seventh round of the 2009 draft by the San Francisco 49ers. The LSU product has been on the Cardinals' practice squad all season.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.