Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 11
- Michael Floyd did not practice due to a lingering ankle issue. Also missing practice was TE Rob Housler, who is out with a groin injury.
- Carson Palmer was limited, though given how well he played against the Rams after missing a week's worth of reps, perhaps the team would like to hold him out again.
- Bruce Arians was asked if it would mean anything to have a winning season if the team misses the playoffs. "No," he said. "It probably does to some people, but to me it's all about getting into the dance."
- Palmer said he enjoys practice, noting that he doesn't have to hit anybody or tackle anybody. That makes sense.
Stat of the Day
The last time the Cardinals and Titans played, Tennessee WR Kenny Britt caught seven passes for 128 yards and a touchdown. Having fallen out of favor since then, Britt has caught eight passes for 67 yards -- this season.
Quote of the Day
"Somebody asked me once if I'm scoreboard watching," Arians said. "I said 'Yeah, first down, second down, third down and how much time is left on the clock.' I'm calling plays. I'm not looking at who's winning and who's losing."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On Dec. 11, 1994, the Cardinals improved to 7-7 on the season by beating the Washington Redskins 17-15.
The Cardinals jumped out to a 7-0 lead on a 48-yard first quarter TD pass from Jay Schroeder to Ricky Proehl, but the 'Skins would add a pair of field goals to make it 7-6 at the half.
There was no scoring again until Ronald Moore punched it in from one yard out in the fourth, and things got interesting when Heath Shuler connected with Henry Ellard for a 52-yard touchdown in the final period. The two-point conversion failed, but the Redskins were later able to take the lead on a 21-yard field goal from Chip Lohmiller. However, the Cardinals were able to escape with the win when Greg Davis connected from 27 yards out.
For the Cardinals, Schroeder completed 16-of-25 passes for 216 yards and one touchdown. Moore led the rushing attack with 43 yards and a score on 10 carries, and Proehl was the leading receiver with 89 yards and a touchdown on four catches.
In fact, the Cardinals were outgained by a 406-278 margin in the game.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Carson Chats - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b