Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
But his homecoming in 2013, which came as a result of being cut by the Dolphins, has been extremely sweet, by all accounts.
"He's played terrific football," ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski told the Burns and Gambo show on Thursday.
To date, Dansby leads the Cardinals in tackles with 100 on the year -- just one shy of his 2012 total.
"I know Karlos pretty well and we all know the attitude he has," Jaws went on. "He considers himself a great player and you love guys with that kind of confidence."
Dansby's ending in Miami was known to not have gone well, as Jaworski noted.
"Things didn't work out for him in Miami, so you know he left there with a chip on his shoulder," he said.
"And there's nothing better than a player with a chip on his shoulder (who) wants to prove a lot of people wrong."
The linebacker has a career-high three interceptions, scoring two touchdowns and six sacks, just shy of his high of eight in 2006.
"Karlos Dansby has certainly been that player this year."
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.