Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
But his homecoming in 2013, which came as a result of being cut by the Dolphins, has been extremely sweet, by all accounts.
"He's played terrific football," ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski told the Burns and Gambo show on Thursday.
To date, Dansby leads the Cardinals in tackles with 100 on the year -- just one shy of his 2012 total.
"I know Karlos pretty well and we all know the attitude he has," Jaws went on. "He considers himself a great player and you love guys with that kind of confidence."
Dansby's ending in Miami was known to not have gone well, as Jaworski noted.
"Things didn't work out for him in Miami, so you know he left there with a chip on his shoulder," he said.
"And there's nothing better than a player with a chip on his shoulder (who) wants to prove a lot of people wrong."
The linebacker has a career-high three interceptions, scoring two touchdowns and six sacks, just shy of his high of eight in 2006.
"Karlos Dansby has certainly been that player this year."
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.