Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
But his homecoming in 2013, which came as a result of being cut by the Dolphins, has been extremely sweet, by all accounts.
"He's played terrific football," ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski told the Burns and Gambo show on Thursday.
To date, Dansby leads the Cardinals in tackles with 100 on the year -- just one shy of his 2012 total.
"I know Karlos pretty well and we all know the attitude he has," Jaws went on. "He considers himself a great player and you love guys with that kind of confidence."
Dansby's ending in Miami was known to not have gone well, as Jaworski noted.
"Things didn't work out for him in Miami, so you know he left there with a chip on his shoulder," he said.
"And there's nothing better than a player with a chip on his shoulder (who) wants to prove a lot of people wrong."
The linebacker has a career-high three interceptions, scoring two touchdowns and six sacks, just shy of his high of eight in 2006.
"Karlos Dansby has certainly been that player this year."
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett