Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
But his homecoming in 2013, which came as a result of being cut by the Dolphins, has been extremely sweet, by all accounts.
"He's played terrific football," ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski told the Burns and Gambo show on Thursday.
To date, Dansby leads the Cardinals in tackles with 100 on the year -- just one shy of his 2012 total.
"I know Karlos pretty well and we all know the attitude he has," Jaws went on. "He considers himself a great player and you love guys with that kind of confidence."
Dansby's ending in Miami was known to not have gone well, as Jaworski noted.
"Things didn't work out for him in Miami, so you know he left there with a chip on his shoulder," he said.
"And there's nothing better than a player with a chip on his shoulder (who) wants to prove a lot of people wrong."
The linebacker has a career-high three interceptions, scoring two touchdowns and six sacks, just shy of his high of eight in 2006.
"Karlos Dansby has certainly been that player this year."
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.