Cardinals play-by-play announcer Dave Pasch: Titans game 'kind of scares me'
The Cardinals still have to face two strong division rivals, the Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers, one time each, but first they hit the road against the 5-8 Tennessee Titans on Sunday. While the matchup appears to be the easiest game left for Arizona, team play-by-play announcer Dave Pasch said Friday on the Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta that the Cardinals would be wise to not overlook the Titans.
"With the last two games against division opponents and the game in Seattle next week, this one is the one that kind of scares me," Pasch said. "I think you know what you're getting up in Seattle, and the one against the 49ers as well. But the Titans, they've been up and down."
Pasch said the Cardinals won't quite know what to expect from a team they haven't played in the regular season since 2009. He said the AFC is comprised of "three really good teams and everybody else." The Titans would fall into the latter category, but Pasch said they're far from a "bottom feeder."
The Cardinals are expected to face frigid conditions at LP Field in Nashville. Pasch said a strong first quarter would go a long way towards an Arizona victory Sunday, and that starting quarterback Carson Palmer needs to utilize all of his assets on offense for the team to play effectively.
"The lengthy scoring drives to start games, (the Cardinals) couldn't do that the last few years. And I think getting off to a good start will be huge in this game, in my opinion," the broadcaster said. "To me, Michael Floyd is really emerging as a big-play guy, as is (Andre) Ellington. And I think if you could find ways to take advantage of those weapons, you should win on Sunday."
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves