Updated Dec 15, 2013 - 7:25 pm
Daryn Colledge: Cardinals offense took illegal hit on Palmer personally
Wimbley was called for roughing the passer -- the penalty netted a devastating one yard for the Cardinals' offense, which was at Tennessee's 2-yard line after the play -- but Palmer was obviously shaken up. He remained in the game after having his left ankle heavily taped, but Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said the quarterback was limited as a result of the hit in Arizona's 37-34 overtime win.
"He'll be pretty sore tomorrow … that took a lot of our game plan, a lot of our play-action passes from us," said Arians, calling Palmer's injury a high-ankle sprain. "He's a tough customer. He wasn't coming out of there."
Palmer threw for 231 yards and a score on 20-of-30 passing and didn't throw an interception for the fourth time in five weeks. Arians said Palmer was "lights-out again this week," and guard Daryn Colledge said the play gave a boost to Arizona's offense.
The Cardinals ran for 145 yards and two scores while breaking off several runs of more than 10 yards and score more than 30 points for the third time in four games.
"He's a tough guy and he took that shot personal," Colledge said. "A lot of us took it personal. We had to win this game. If we had to run the ball over them every play, if we had to give him time for five-step drops, so be it."
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.