Arizona Cardinals' Floyd: Must have confidence vs. Seattle
A rookie, Floyd caught two passes for 30 yards that day, as he quickly learned something many others already knew: CenturyLink Field in Seattle is a really tough place to play football.
"We just have to stick together," Floyd told Burns and Gambo Tuesday. "And I think, for the most part, Seattle intimidates a lot of teams and guys going out there, they feel that they can't win."
The last visiting team to leave Seattle with a win was the San Francisco 49ers, who did so in Week 16 of the 2011 season. Since then, the Seahawks are a perfect 14-0 at home, including a couple of wins over the Cardinals.
"I think we, as an offense, have to go out there with confidence knowing that we can win, that we can beat this team," Floyd said.
And, he added, what happened last year has nothing to do with what the team can -- or expects to -- do this time around.
"That's last year; we're a whole different team this year, whole different offense," he said. "We're going to go up there with confidence and believing that we're going to win."
Floyd said the Cardinals and Seahawks are both different teams than they were then, which is true. However, the Seahawks happen to be the only team to beat the Cardinals in Arizona this season, which they did by a score of 34-22 on Oct. 17.
The Cardinals are 6-1 since that loss, though, and appear to be a better team than they were back then -- and last season, too.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.