ProFootballFocus: Cardinals' Justin Bethel should be in the Pro Bowl
The special teams ace with a knack for making plays is getting national attention, this time from ProFootballFocus.com
In a piece listing who should be Pro Bowlers, the second-year pro was listed first among the special teams group.
Units (5): KO Coverage - L2 & R2, KO Returns, Punt Gunner - Left & Right, Punt Vice and kick blocks (most field goals & some extra points).
So dominant has Bethel been he has a grade almost twice as high as the next best player. He grades well on every unit with his work on punts a highlight. His 19 tackles (15 solo plus 4 assists) also leads the league and no one comes close to his ability to block kicks. If you want to be picky he has given away a few too many penalties and he did struggle a little against Seattle's excellent group first time up. He's got an opportunity to rectify that this week and I for one wouldn't bet against him.
Bethel has 17 tackles this season, 13 of which are of the solo variety. He's also blocked two field goal attempts.
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.