ProFootballFocus: Cardinals' Justin Bethel should be in the Pro Bowl
The special teams ace with a knack for making plays is getting national attention, this time from ProFootballFocus.com
In a piece listing who should be Pro Bowlers, the second-year pro was listed first among the special teams group.
Units (5): KO Coverage - L2 & R2, KO Returns, Punt Gunner - Left & Right, Punt Vice and kick blocks (most field goals & some extra points).
So dominant has Bethel been he has a grade almost twice as high as the next best player. He grades well on every unit with his work on punts a highlight. His 19 tackles (15 solo plus 4 assists) also leads the league and no one comes close to his ability to block kicks. If you want to be picky he has given away a few too many penalties and he did struggle a little against Seattle's excellent group first time up. He's got an opportunity to rectify that this week and I for one wouldn't bet against him.
Bethel has 17 tackles this season, 13 of which are of the solo variety. He's also blocked two field goal attempts.
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.