ProFootballFocus: Cardinals' Justin Bethel should be in the Pro Bowl
The special teams ace with a knack for making plays is getting national attention, this time from ProFootballFocus.com
In a piece listing who should be Pro Bowlers, the second-year pro was listed first among the special teams group.
Units (5): KO Coverage - L2 & R2, KO Returns, Punt Gunner - Left & Right, Punt Vice and kick blocks (most field goals & some extra points).
So dominant has Bethel been he has a grade almost twice as high as the next best player. He grades well on every unit with his work on punts a highlight. His 19 tackles (15 solo plus 4 assists) also leads the league and no one comes close to his ability to block kicks. If you want to be picky he has given away a few too many penalties and he did struggle a little against Seattle's excellent group first time up. He's got an opportunity to rectify that this week and I for one wouldn't bet against him.
Bethel has 17 tackles this season, 13 of which are of the solo variety. He's also blocked two field goal attempts.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!