ProFootballFocus: Cardinals' Justin Bethel should be in the Pro Bowl
The special teams ace with a knack for making plays is getting national attention, this time from ProFootballFocus.com
In a piece listing who should be Pro Bowlers, the second-year pro was listed first among the special teams group.
Units (5): KO Coverage - L2 & R2, KO Returns, Punt Gunner - Left & Right, Punt Vice and kick blocks (most field goals & some extra points).
So dominant has Bethel been he has a grade almost twice as high as the next best player. He grades well on every unit with his work on punts a highlight. His 19 tackles (15 solo plus 4 assists) also leads the league and no one comes close to his ability to block kicks. If you want to be picky he has given away a few too many penalties and he did struggle a little against Seattle's excellent group first time up. He's got an opportunity to rectify that this week and I for one wouldn't bet against him.
Bethel has 17 tackles this season, 13 of which are of the solo variety. He's also blocked two field goal attempts.
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.