Todd McShay's Mock Draft 1.0: Cardinals will select Virginia LT Morgan Moses
In an ESPN insider piece, analyst Todd McShay revealed his first 2014 Mock Draft this week, and not surprisingly he has the Arizona Cardinals addressing a position of need in the first round.
With the No. 22 pick, McShay projects the Cardinals will take Virginia left tackle Morgan Moses.
Quarterback is a need position for the Cardinals, but there isn't one worth drafting at this spot. They'd be better off getting a guy like LSU's Zach Mettenberger on Day 2. Arizona's next-biggest need is offensive tackle, and Moses offers good value here. Nobody knows who he is because he was an O-lineman on a bad college team, but he was one of the most improved players I saw on tape this season. He has good physical tools, and he looked so much more comfortable at left tackle in 2013 than he did at right tackle in previous years. He has the potential to develop into a good starting left tackle.
Moses started 23 of Virginia's last 24 games dating back to his junior season, however he's rather new to left tackle -- having made the move to the position just prior to the 2013 campaign.
However, the 6-foot-6 offensive lineman was part of a Cavaliers' offensive line that blocked for the school's first 1,000-yard rusher since 2004.
If the Cardinals do in fact select Moses in April, he'd become the first left tackle taken by the team in the first round since Levi Brown back in 2007.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.