Todd McShay's Mock Draft 1.0: Cardinals will select Virginia LT Morgan Moses
In an ESPN insider piece, analyst Todd McShay revealed his first 2014 Mock Draft this week, and not surprisingly he has the Arizona Cardinals addressing a position of need in the first round.
With the No. 22 pick, McShay projects the Cardinals will take Virginia left tackle Morgan Moses.
Quarterback is a need position for the Cardinals, but there isn't one worth drafting at this spot. They'd be better off getting a guy like LSU's Zach Mettenberger on Day 2. Arizona's next-biggest need is offensive tackle, and Moses offers good value here. Nobody knows who he is because he was an O-lineman on a bad college team, but he was one of the most improved players I saw on tape this season. He has good physical tools, and he looked so much more comfortable at left tackle in 2013 than he did at right tackle in previous years. He has the potential to develop into a good starting left tackle.
Moses started 23 of Virginia's last 24 games dating back to his junior season, however he's rather new to left tackle -- having made the move to the position just prior to the 2013 campaign.
However, the 6-foot-6 offensive lineman was part of a Cavaliers' offensive line that blocked for the school's first 1,000-yard rusher since 2004.
If the Cardinals do in fact select Moses in April, he'd become the first left tackle taken by the team in the first round since Levi Brown back in 2007.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.