ProFootballFocus: Cardinals' Andre Ellington excels after contact, Rashard Mendenhall not so much
The former sixth-round pick is second on the team in rushing yards (558) and rushing touchdowns (3), leads the team with seven rushes of 20 yards or more and also has 34 receptions for 351 yards and a touchdown.
But as ProFootballFocus.com detailed in a 'Between the Tackles' piece Thursday, his season might even more impressive than meets the eye.
Despite his somewhat diminutive stature, the 5-foot-9 standout out of Clemson ranks in the top 10 in both yards after contact on inside (2.47 per carry) and outside (league-leading 4.62 per carry) rushes.
Ellington is one of only three players -- Adrian Peterson and Rashad Jennings being the others -- to be in the top 10 of both lists.
However, while Ellington has embraced contact during his first NFL campaign, his teammate and the Cardinals' leading rusher, Rashard Mendenhall, apparently has not.
The first-year Cardinal ranks in the bottom 10 in both yards after contact on inside (1.67 per carry) and outside (1.78 per carry) rushes.
Mendenhall is one of only three players -- Ray Rice and Willis McGahee being the others -- to make both dubious lists.
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.