Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals - Dec. 19
- That's right, Larry Fitzgerald was back on the practice field. After practice, he said he has no plans to miss Sunday's game against the Seahawks.
- Antoine Cason, one of the heroes of Sunday's win over the Titans, walked out of the locker room with a long-sleeve UA shirt on. Guy's got style.
- Offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin said he is planning on doing some Christmas shopping Thursday night. As for the team, he said the goal is to make the loudness of CenturyLink Field a non-factor.
- Todd Bowles said his defensive linemen were "fundamentally bad" against the Titans, adding that they kind of shut things down after getting out to a big lead.
- Asked about what he learned from the first meeting with Seattle on how to stop Russell Wilson, Bowles joked, "Make him not play."
Stat of the Day
Fitzgerald has five career rushing attempts against the Seattle Seahawks, which is more than he has against any other team.
Quote of the Day
"He's independent, he has no affiliation with the team at all, he's not even a Cardinals fan," Fitzgerald said of the neurologist he has to see Friday. And, if he finds out the doc is a Seahawks fan? "I hope not, but if I do I might have to bring him some brownies."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On Dec. 19, 2004, the Cardinals beat the St. Louis Rams 31-7 at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe.
It all started with a 1-yard TD run from QB Josh McCown in the first quarter. Following a 48-yard field goal from Neil Rackers and an 8-yard scoring strike from McCown to Larry Fitzgerald, the Cardinals were up 17-0. Leonard Little got the Rams on the board with a 61-yard fumble return for a TD, which made it 17-7 at the half, but McCown hit Fitzgerald again from 4-yards out and then ran another one in from 9-yards out to put the game away.
"We didn't see this coming," Rams wide receiver Torry Holt Rams WR Torry Holt said.. "If there was any game on the schedule that we felt confident about coming in and winning, it would be Arizona."
For the Cardinals, McCown completed 22-of-34 passes for 287 yards and two touchdowns, while also rushing for 33 yards and two scores. Bryant Johnson led the team with 69 receiving yards, while Anquan Boldin tallied 48 and Fitzgerald 37, to go along with his two touchdowns.
As for the Rams, QB Chris Chandler didn't last long, completing 1-of-6 passes for 1 yard with an interception. He was replaced by Jamie Martin, who completed just 16-of-30 passes for 180 yards. Marshall Faulk was limited to just 22 yards on 10 carries, and Holt led the way with 95 yards on six receptions.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.