Updated Dec 23, 2013 - 9:56 pm
Washington lawmaker posts insensitive tweet following Seahawks' loss
In fact, before the Arizona Cardinals' 17-10 win at CenturyLink Field Sunday, the Seattle Seahawks hadn't dropped a home contest in 728 days.
Needless to say, the unfavorable result didn't sit well with the Seattle faithful, and in particular a local lawmaker.
Joe Fitzgibbon (D), a representative in Washington's 34th Legislative District, took to social media to vent his frustration at the loss and apparently his disdain for the state of Arizona.
Note: You can read Fitzgibbon's public apology here.
Fitzgibbon, who is also the Deputy Majority Whip, has since taken down the tweet, but in its place he sent out another one in an attempt to clarify his earlier remarks.
Upset re hawks loss, and failure of smart immigration reform--shouldn't have conflated the 2 though. Happy holidays, better for both in '14— Joe Fitzgibbon (@joefitzgibbon) December 23, 2013
In a statement to The Associated Press, Fitzgibbon voiced surprise over how seriously people were taking his tweet.
"If folks are going to take that too seriously, then I'm sorry about that," he said.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.