Updated Dec 23, 2013 - 9:56 pm
Washington lawmaker posts insensitive tweet following Seahawks' loss
In fact, before the Arizona Cardinals' 17-10 win at CenturyLink Field Sunday, the Seattle Seahawks hadn't dropped a home contest in 728 days.
Needless to say, the unfavorable result didn't sit well with the Seattle faithful, and in particular a local lawmaker.
Joe Fitzgibbon (D), a representative in Washington's 34th Legislative District, took to social media to vent his frustration at the loss and apparently his disdain for the state of Arizona.
Note: You can read Fitzgibbon's public apology here.
Fitzgibbon, who is also the Deputy Majority Whip, has since taken down the tweet, but in its place he sent out another one in an attempt to clarify his earlier remarks.
Upset re hawks loss, and failure of smart immigration reform--shouldn't have conflated the 2 though. Happy holidays, better for both in '14— Joe Fitzgibbon (@joefitzgibbon) December 23, 2013
In a statement to The Associated Press, Fitzgibbon voiced surprise over how seriously people were taking his tweet.
"If folks are going to take that too seriously, then I'm sorry about that," he said.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.