Updated Dec 23, 2013 - 8:46 am
Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: Arians is 'my Coach of the Year'
They went into CenturyLink Field in Seattle and beat the Seahawks 17-10 -- a feat not accomplished since the San Francisco 49ers did it on Christmas Eve of 2011.
The win was the latest chapter in the story of the 2013 Cardinals -- one penned in part by new general manager Steve Keim, who restructured the team's roster and coaching staff following a wretched 5-11 campaign in 2012.
Monday morning on The Doug and Wolf Show on Arizona Sports 620, Keim deflected a lot of the credit toward first-year head coach Bruce Arians.
"He's my coach of the year, I can tell you that," Keim said. "To do what he's done with so many roster moves -- and I'm talking about 191 roster moves since January, playing with 11 new starters out of 22 -- and to take guys off the street every week, whether it's been Teddy Williams or Brittan Golden or Marcus Benard, and to play with those guys and have success with them, he continues to recycle players that we've pulled off the street and has had success with them."
Arians, who won the AP Coach of the Year Award in 2012 for his excellent work on an interim basis with the Indianapolis Colts, figures to be a prime candidate to become the first back-to-back winner since Joe Gibbs of the Washington Redskins in 1982 and 1983.
"I'd put him up with against anybody because of the amount of moves that we've made and the changes we've made from a roster standpoint in the offseason."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals sign a pair of defensive linemen
- All-Access with Arians: Dockett to have surgery, Mathieu and Ta'amu back
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.