Three Arizona Cardinals named Pro Bowlers
Linebacker John Abraham, cornerback Patrick Peterson and special teams ace Justin Bethel will all be participating in the annual Pro Bowl January 26 in Honolulu.
Peterson is making his third Pro Bowl appearance in as many years in the league, and his second as a cornerback. The former LSU star has 40 total tackles, three interceptions and 16 passes defended.
Abraham, who signed with the Cardinals back in July, has 35 tackles and 11.5 sacks on the season, including three multi-sack performances. For the 14-year pro, it will be his fifth appearance in the Pro Bowl.
Bethel, a second-year pro out of Presbyterian, is making his first Pro Bowl appearance. The 23-year-old has excelled in special teams, primarily as a gunner on punt coverage.
All three players are eligible for the Pro Bowl draft, a new format for the NFL's version of the All-Star Game. Instead of their being squads comprised of NFC and AFC stars, players will be drafted in a schoolyard-style draft with Hall of Famers Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders serving as captains.
Wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, defensive end Calais Campbell, defensive tackle Darnell Dockett and Daryl Washington were named alternates.
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Panel ranks Arizona Cardinals' Bruce Arians as the NFL's 13th-best head coach
- The Pulse: Most fans not very concerned with the Arizona Cardinals' preseason loss to the Cincinnati Bengals
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.