Arizona Cardinals to wear red jerseys, red pants against San Francisco
The Arizona Cardinals will be sporting a red jersey and red pants ensemble when they take the field, according to a tweet from Mark Dalton, the team's vice president of media relations.
Perhaps the team is considering the get-up as good luck, since the last time the players wore it, they dismantled the Indianapolis Colts 40-11 at home on Nov. 24.
Dalton also tweeted that Arizona has won eight straight games in the red-on-red look, and are 14-3 since 2005.
And the Cardinals will need all the luck they can get they want to see the playoffs. Other than its must-win matchup against the San Francisco 49ers, the team needs the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to upset the New Orleans Saints Sunday at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.