Arizona Cardinals to wear red jerseys, red pants against San Francisco
The Arizona Cardinals will be sporting a red jersey and red pants ensemble when they take the field, according to a tweet from Mark Dalton, the team's vice president of media relations.
Perhaps the team is considering the get-up as good luck, since the last time the players wore it, they dismantled the Indianapolis Colts 40-11 at home on Nov. 24.
Dalton also tweeted that Arizona has won eight straight games in the red-on-red look, and are 14-3 since 2005.
And the Cardinals will need all the luck they can get they want to see the playoffs. Other than its must-win matchup against the San Francisco 49ers, the team needs the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to upset the New Orleans Saints Sunday at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham's statement
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.