Arizona Cardinals to wear red jerseys, red pants against San Francisco
The Arizona Cardinals will be sporting a red jersey and red pants ensemble when they take the field, according to a tweet from Mark Dalton, the team's vice president of media relations.
Perhaps the team is considering the get-up as good luck, since the last time the players wore it, they dismantled the Indianapolis Colts 40-11 at home on Nov. 24.
Dalton also tweeted that Arizona has won eight straight games in the red-on-red look, and are 14-3 since 2005.
And the Cardinals will need all the luck they can get they want to see the playoffs. Other than its must-win matchup against the San Francisco 49ers, the team needs the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to upset the New Orleans Saints Sunday at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.