Updated Dec 30, 2013 - 8:37 am
Cardinals QB Palmer 1st to reach 4,000 yards with three teams
The 11-year veteran reached the mark with the Cincinnati Bengals in 2006 and 2007, and also did it with the Raiders in 2012. His 4,274 yards this season were a career high, as were his 22 interceptions and 41 sacks. The former first-round pick out of USC threw for 407 yards and two touchdowns in the Cardinals' 23-20 loss to the San Francisco 49ers Sunday.
"Personal [milestones] are always nice, but I wasn't thinking about it," Palmer said. "It wasn't one of my personal goals. I wasn't worried about it, I was thinking about wins and losses."
Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said this season was a testament to Palmer's resiliency and toughness, as he battled through ankle and elbow injuries as well as a slow start to the season.
"He's as resilient a guy … I can't say enough about how tough he is mentally," Arians said. "You know something good's going to happen eventually, because he's gonna keep slinging it in there."
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinals’ draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.