Updated Dec 30, 2013 - 8:37 am
Cardinals QB Palmer 1st to reach 4,000 yards with three teams
The 11-year veteran reached the mark with the Cincinnati Bengals in 2006 and 2007, and also did it with the Raiders in 2012. His 4,274 yards this season were a career high, as were his 22 interceptions and 41 sacks. The former first-round pick out of USC threw for 407 yards and two touchdowns in the Cardinals' 23-20 loss to the San Francisco 49ers Sunday.
"Personal [milestones] are always nice, but I wasn't thinking about it," Palmer said. "It wasn't one of my personal goals. I wasn't worried about it, I was thinking about wins and losses."
Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said this season was a testament to Palmer's resiliency and toughness, as he battled through ankle and elbow injuries as well as a slow start to the season.
"He's as resilient a guy … I can't say enough about how tough he is mentally," Arians said. "You know something good's going to happen eventually, because he's gonna keep slinging it in there."
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.