Updated Dec 30, 2013 - 6:24 pm
Report: Browns, Vikings, Lions request permission to interview Arizona Cardinals DC Todd Bowles
The Browns dismissed head coach Rob Chudzinski Monday morning.
ESPN's Adam Schefter tweeted Monday evening that the Minnesota Vikings have also asked to interview Bowles for their head coaching vacancy.
NFL.com writer Albert Breer said on Twitter that the Cardinals also received a call from the Detroit Lions regarding the Cardinals defensive coach.
Bowles figures to be an oft-mentioned candidate after the way the Cardinals' defense played in 2013, his first year with the team. Arizona ranked first in the NFL against the run and sixth in total defense. They were among the NFL's best in sacks and takeaways.
"I know Todd is going to get interviews, and rightfully so," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said Monday, before news of the Browns' interest leaked.
In all, five head coaches were fired Monday, with Chudzinksi being joined by Detroit's Jim Schwartz, Tampa Bay's Greg Schiano, Washington's Mike Shanahan and Minnesota's Leslie Frazier, and there's still the possibility more jobs will open in the coming days and weeks.
So for now, it's probably best to assume this won't be the last time we hear Bowles' name linked to a different job.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!