Updated Dec 30, 2013 - 6:24 pm
Report: Browns, Vikings, Lions request permission to interview Arizona Cardinals DC Todd Bowles
The Browns dismissed head coach Rob Chudzinski Monday morning.
ESPN's Adam Schefter tweeted Monday evening that the Minnesota Vikings have also asked to interview Bowles for their head coaching vacancy.
NFL.com writer Albert Breer said on Twitter that the Cardinals also received a call from the Detroit Lions regarding the Cardinals defensive coach.
Bowles figures to be an oft-mentioned candidate after the way the Cardinals' defense played in 2013, his first year with the team. Arizona ranked first in the NFL against the run and sixth in total defense. They were among the NFL's best in sacks and takeaways.
"I know Todd is going to get interviews, and rightfully so," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said Monday, before news of the Browns' interest leaked.
In all, five head coaches were fired Monday, with Chudzinksi being joined by Detroit's Jim Schwartz, Tampa Bay's Greg Schiano, Washington's Mike Shanahan and Minnesota's Leslie Frazier, and there's still the possibility more jobs will open in the coming days and weeks.
So for now, it's probably best to assume this won't be the last time we hear Bowles' name linked to a different job.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.