NFL.com writer says Cardinals likely to make the playoffs next season
They did not make it, though, making them one of 20 teams that is home watching the postseason. Of those teams, though, who is most likely to have its fortunes change in 2014?
The folks over at NFL.com gave their picks, with writer Adam Schein picking the Cardinals, saying they are primed to break through in 2014.
Of all the teams that missed out on the playoffs, the Arizona Cardinals have the best chance to make it in 2014. Heck, they should've made it this year, what with their double-digit win total. If they had gotten in, the Cards would've been dangerous with that defense, Larry Fitzgerald and the mindset established under first-year head coach Bruce Arians. Remember, Jonathan Cooper, last April's first-round pick, didn't play a down that counted, moving to injured reserve after breaking a leg in a preseason game. When Cooper returns, he will greatly aid the line. It also wouldn't surprise me to see 'Zona invest in a young quarterback.
General manager Steve Keim is fantastic. He'll get the necessary complementary pieces to get this team, which I labeled the most fascinating of 2013, over the hump in 2014.
Charley Casserly also mentioned the Cardinals, but he did so while including the Rams, Ravens, Lions and Texans, as well.
As for Schein, he's been a notable supporter of what the Cardinals have done over the last year, and it's not a surprise that he thinks the team is going to take another step forward in 2014.
Cardinals fans just have to hope he's right.
- The Pulse: Cardinals fans most excited to see division rivals
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.