NFL.com writer says Cardinals likely to make the playoffs next season
They did not make it, though, making them one of 20 teams that is home watching the postseason. Of those teams, though, who is most likely to have its fortunes change in 2014?
The folks over at NFL.com gave their picks, with writer Adam Schein picking the Cardinals, saying they are primed to break through in 2014.
Of all the teams that missed out on the playoffs, the Arizona Cardinals have the best chance to make it in 2014. Heck, they should've made it this year, what with their double-digit win total. If they had gotten in, the Cards would've been dangerous with that defense, Larry Fitzgerald and the mindset established under first-year head coach Bruce Arians. Remember, Jonathan Cooper, last April's first-round pick, didn't play a down that counted, moving to injured reserve after breaking a leg in a preseason game. When Cooper returns, he will greatly aid the line. It also wouldn't surprise me to see 'Zona invest in a young quarterback.
General manager Steve Keim is fantastic. He'll get the necessary complementary pieces to get this team, which I labeled the most fascinating of 2013, over the hump in 2014.
Charley Casserly also mentioned the Cardinals, but he did so while including the Rams, Ravens, Lions and Texans, as well.
As for Schein, he's been a notable supporter of what the Cardinals have done over the last year, and it's not a surprise that he thinks the team is going to take another step forward in 2014.
Cardinals fans just have to hope he's right.
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Arizona Cardinals sign Oakland Raiders LT Jared Veldheer
- Arizona Cardinals react to Karlos Dansby's departure
- Arizona Cardinals to lose LB Karlos Dansby to Cleveland Browns
- Karlos Dansby attracting many suitors for his services
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?