Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu makes ESPN insider's all-rookie team
Friday, Mathieu, who had 68 total tackles, two interceptions, a sack and a forced fumble in 13 games, was named to ESPN insider Mel Kiper Jr.'s post-season squad of first-year players.
S Tyrann Mathieu, Arizona: He could also qualify at cornerback, or nickelback, but I put him here based on how the Cardinals used him. Great season, injury aside.
In addition to making Kiper's all-rookie team, Mathieu was named the No. 12 best rookie of 2013. But he wasn't the only Cardinal player to make the list.
Kiper also listed running back Andre Ellington as his No. 22 rookie. Ellington, a sixth-round pick out of Clemson, finished second on Arizona in rushing yards (652) and rushing touchdowns (3).
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.