Report: NFL has not decided to expand playoffs
The way things worked out, even an 11th win would not have been enough. Over the last few days, word has come out that the NFL is possibly looking into changing the playoffs format to allow an extra team from each conference to be a Wild Card, which is the type of format that would have gotten the Cardinals into the postseason this year.
Of course, any such change would not help for this season, but regardless, according to NFL.com's Marc Sessler no decision has been made yet.
A league spokesman told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport on Monday that "no such decision" has been made about adding a wild-card team to each conference.
"It would require a vote of the clubs and it has not yet been taken up with them," the spokesman said.
The NFL may also look into the idea of reseeding the playoff teams.
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.