Report: NFL has not decided to expand playoffs
The way things worked out, even an 11th win would not have been enough. Over the last few days, word has come out that the NFL is possibly looking into changing the playoffs format to allow an extra team from each conference to be a Wild Card, which is the type of format that would have gotten the Cardinals into the postseason this year.
Of course, any such change would not help for this season, but regardless, according to NFL.com's Marc Sessler no decision has been made yet.
A league spokesman told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport on Monday that "no such decision" has been made about adding a wild-card team to each conference.
"It would require a vote of the clubs and it has not yet been taken up with them," the spokesman said.
The NFL may also look into the idea of reseeding the playoff teams.
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.