Report: NFL has not decided to expand playoffs
The way things worked out, even an 11th win would not have been enough. Over the last few days, word has come out that the NFL is possibly looking into changing the playoffs format to allow an extra team from each conference to be a Wild Card, which is the type of format that would have gotten the Cardinals into the postseason this year.
Of course, any such change would not help for this season, but regardless, according to NFL.com's Marc Sessler no decision has been made yet.
A league spokesman told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport on Monday that "no such decision" has been made about adding a wild-card team to each conference.
"It would require a vote of the clubs and it has not yet been taken up with them," the spokesman said.
The NFL may also look into the idea of reseeding the playoff teams.
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.