Updated Jan 6, 2014 - 3:49 pm
Vikings GM visits Arizona to meet with Cardinals' defensive coordinator Todd Bowles
Bowles, who has already interviewed with the Cleveland Browns regarding their head coaching position, is also expected to interview with the Detroit Lions soon.
While the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Houston Texans have already filled their openings, the firing of Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Munchak over the weekend opened yet another job for which Bowles may garner consideration.
The 50-year-old coordinator, who has three games' head coaching experience as an interim with the Miami Dolphins, figures to be an oft-mentioned candidate the performance of his defense in 2013, his first year with the team. Arizona ranked first in the NFL against the run and sixth in total defense. They were among the NFL's best in sacks and takeaways.
"I know Todd is going to get interviews, and rightfully so," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said following the season.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.