Updated Jan 6, 2014 - 3:49 pm
Vikings GM visits Arizona to meet with Cardinals' defensive coordinator Todd Bowles
Bowles, who has already interviewed with the Cleveland Browns regarding their head coaching position, is also expected to interview with the Detroit Lions soon.
While the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Houston Texans have already filled their openings, the firing of Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Munchak over the weekend opened yet another job for which Bowles may garner consideration.
The 50-year-old coordinator, who has three games' head coaching experience as an interim with the Miami Dolphins, figures to be an oft-mentioned candidate the performance of his defense in 2013, his first year with the team. Arizona ranked first in the NFL against the run and sixth in total defense. They were among the NFL's best in sacks and takeaways.
"I know Todd is going to get interviews, and rightfully so," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said following the season.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
- Arizona Cardinals training camp -- Monday observations
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.