Updated Jan 6, 2014 - 3:49 pm
Vikings GM visits Arizona to meet with Cardinals' defensive coordinator Todd Bowles
Bowles, who has already interviewed with the Cleveland Browns regarding their head coaching position, is also expected to interview with the Detroit Lions soon.
While the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Houston Texans have already filled their openings, the firing of Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Munchak over the weekend opened yet another job for which Bowles may garner consideration.
The 50-year-old coordinator, who has three games' head coaching experience as an interim with the Miami Dolphins, figures to be an oft-mentioned candidate the performance of his defense in 2013, his first year with the team. Arizona ranked first in the NFL against the run and sixth in total defense. They were among the NFL's best in sacks and takeaways.
"I know Todd is going to get interviews, and rightfully so," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said following the season.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?