Arizona Cardinals sign Brett Brackett, Andre Hardy and Christian Johnson to future contracts
Brackett, a tight end who spent last training camp with the Jacksonville Jaguars, originally joined the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Penn State in 2011. While in college, Brackett played in 52 games and tallied 56 receptions for 714 yards and seven touchdowns.
Also a tight end, the 6-6oot-6, 245-pound Hardy played college basketball at Cal State Fullerton. He signed with the Oakland Raiders in April of 2012, but was released a month later. The Big West Conference Newcomer of the Year as a junior, he averaged 10.6 points and 8.5 rebounds per game.
Johnson was in the Arena League the last three seasons, including 2013 when he was with the Philadelphia Soul. He played collegiately at Kentucky, appearing in 36 games (15 starts) at guard.
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.