ESPN's Clayton says it's '50-50' if Todd Bowles will be back in Arizona next season
It's been a couple weeks since his team's season ended, and Bowles has interviewed with the Cleveland Browns and Minnesota Vikings, the latter of which he's reportedly a finalist for.
Neither team has filled its vacancy yet, and as a guest of Doug and Wolf's Friday, ESPN NFL insider John Clayton said it's "50-50" whether Bowles will be back in Arizona.
"It's also a situation where he's now in for two or three jobs, but he may not like them," Clayton said. "I don't know what he feels about Cleveland, I don't know what he feels about Minnesota and I think he's going to get interviewed in Tennessee."
Bowles has been an oft-mentioned name this offseason after he guided the Cardinals' defense to number six overall ranking, including number one against the run. He does have some previous head coaching experience, having led the Miami Dolphins to a 2-1 record during an interim stint in 2011.
"Is he qualified for a head coaching job," Clayton asked. "Absolutely, but he may be selective about this. If you get a head coaching job, you want to make sure it's the right one."
Clayton added that Bowles is in a good spot either way, because if he does not get a head coaching job this offseason, he may very well land one a year from now.
"I still say it's 50-50," he said, noting that both the Titans and Vikings may prefer other coaches, anyway. "Cleveland is just hard to figure out. If offered the Cleveland job, I don't know if he necessarily would take it."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Arizona Cardinals center Lyle Sendlein to miss 3 weeks after suffering calf injury
- John Brown is like…
- Arizona Cardinals training camp -- Monday observations
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.