ESPN's Clayton says it's '50-50' if Todd Bowles will be back in Arizona next season
It's been a couple weeks since his team's season ended, and Bowles has interviewed with the Cleveland Browns and Minnesota Vikings, the latter of which he's reportedly a finalist for.
Neither team has filled its vacancy yet, and as a guest of Doug and Wolf's Friday, ESPN NFL insider John Clayton said it's "50-50" whether Bowles will be back in Arizona.
"It's also a situation where he's now in for two or three jobs, but he may not like them," Clayton said. "I don't know what he feels about Cleveland, I don't know what he feels about Minnesota and I think he's going to get interviewed in Tennessee."
Bowles has been an oft-mentioned name this offseason after he guided the Cardinals' defense to number six overall ranking, including number one against the run. He does have some previous head coaching experience, having led the Miami Dolphins to a 2-1 record during an interim stint in 2011.
"Is he qualified for a head coaching job," Clayton asked. "Absolutely, but he may be selective about this. If you get a head coaching job, you want to make sure it's the right one."
Clayton added that Bowles is in a good spot either way, because if he does not get a head coaching job this offseason, he may very well land one a year from now.
"I still say it's 50-50," he said, noting that both the Titans and Vikings may prefer other coaches, anyway. "Cleveland is just hard to figure out. If offered the Cleveland job, I don't know if he necessarily would take it."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.