ESPN's Clayton says it's '50-50' if Todd Bowles will be back in Arizona next season
It's been a couple weeks since his team's season ended, and Bowles has interviewed with the Cleveland Browns and Minnesota Vikings, the latter of which he's reportedly a finalist for.
Neither team has filled its vacancy yet, and as a guest of Doug and Wolf's Friday, ESPN NFL insider John Clayton said it's "50-50" whether Bowles will be back in Arizona.
"It's also a situation where he's now in for two or three jobs, but he may not like them," Clayton said. "I don't know what he feels about Cleveland, I don't know what he feels about Minnesota and I think he's going to get interviewed in Tennessee."
Bowles has been an oft-mentioned name this offseason after he guided the Cardinals' defense to number six overall ranking, including number one against the run. He does have some previous head coaching experience, having led the Miami Dolphins to a 2-1 record during an interim stint in 2011.
"Is he qualified for a head coaching job," Clayton asked. "Absolutely, but he may be selective about this. If you get a head coaching job, you want to make sure it's the right one."
Clayton added that Bowles is in a good spot either way, because if he does not get a head coaching job this offseason, he may very well land one a year from now.
"I still say it's 50-50," he said, noting that both the Titans and Vikings may prefer other coaches, anyway. "Cleveland is just hard to figure out. If offered the Cleveland job, I don't know if he necessarily would take it."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.