Aeneas Williams again a finalist for NFL Hall of Fame
A defensive back who spent the majority of his career in Arizona with the Cardinals and finished up in St. Louis with the Rams, Williams made the Pro Bowl eight times and was a First-Team All-Pro three times.
He finished his 14-year career with 677 tackles, 55 interceptions and 23 fumble recoveries. Williams scored 12 touchdowns -- nine on interceptions and three on fumble recoveries -- and was generally considered to be one of the best cornerbacks of his generation.
Along with Williams, Morten Anderson, Jerome Bettis, Derrick Brooks, Tim Brown, Edward DeBartolo, Tony Dungy, Kevin Greene, Charles Haley, Marvin Harrison, Walter Jones, John Lynch, Andre Reed, Will Shields and Michael Strahan are finalists to be enshrined this season.
The new class will be announced on Feb. 1 at 6:00 p.m. MT.
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 27, 2014
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.