Aeneas Williams again a finalist for NFL Hall of Fame
A defensive back who spent the majority of his career in Arizona with the Cardinals and finished up in St. Louis with the Rams, Williams made the Pro Bowl eight times and was a First-Team All-Pro three times.
He finished his 14-year career with 677 tackles, 55 interceptions and 23 fumble recoveries. Williams scored 12 touchdowns -- nine on interceptions and three on fumble recoveries -- and was generally considered to be one of the best cornerbacks of his generation.
Along with Williams, Morten Anderson, Jerome Bettis, Derrick Brooks, Tim Brown, Edward DeBartolo, Tony Dungy, Kevin Greene, Charles Haley, Marvin Harrison, Walter Jones, John Lynch, Andre Reed, Will Shields and Michael Strahan are finalists to be enshrined this season.
The new class will be announced on Feb. 1 at 6:00 p.m. MT.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.