Aeneas Williams again a finalist for NFL Hall of Fame
A defensive back who spent the majority of his career in Arizona with the Cardinals and finished up in St. Louis with the Rams, Williams made the Pro Bowl eight times and was a First-Team All-Pro three times.
He finished his 14-year career with 677 tackles, 55 interceptions and 23 fumble recoveries. Williams scored 12 touchdowns -- nine on interceptions and three on fumble recoveries -- and was generally considered to be one of the best cornerbacks of his generation.
Along with Williams, Morten Anderson, Jerome Bettis, Derrick Brooks, Tim Brown, Edward DeBartolo, Tony Dungy, Kevin Greene, Charles Haley, Marvin Harrison, Walter Jones, John Lynch, Andre Reed, Will Shields and Michael Strahan are finalists to be enshrined this season.
The new class will be announced on Feb. 1 at 6:00 p.m. MT.
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Carson Chats - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b