Updated Jan 13, 2014 - 8:13 am
Former Cardinals Boldin and Rodgers-Cromartie moving on to Championship Round
Wide receiver Anquan Boldin, who finally broke through and earned his first Super Bowl ring with the Baltimore Ravens in 2013, caught a game-high eight receptions for 136 yards, as the San Francisco 49ers dispatched of the Carolina Panthers by a final of 23-10 in Charlotte.
For Boldin, next Sunday's appearance in the NFC title game against the Seattle Seahawks will mark his third in a conference championship game. In his two prior appearances, Boldin recorded nine catches for 94 yards and two touchdowns.
Boldin's former teammate, cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, also had a hand in his team's divisional round victory, as he recorded four solo tackles and a game-high three pass deflections in the Denver Broncos' 24-17 win over the San Diego Chargers.
The former Cardinals first-round pick, who was traded to the Philadelphia Eagles along with a second-round pick for Kevin Kolb back in July 2011, has three interceptions on the year to go along with 31 tackles.
Rodgers-Cromartie and the Broncos will host the New England Patriots next Sunday for the right to represent the AFC in Super Bowl XLVIII.
Former Arizona offensive lineman Adam Snyder (49ers), linebacker O'Brien Schofield (Seahawks) and linebacker Paris Lenon (Broncos) will also be participants in the conference championship games.
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.