Updated Jan 13, 2014 - 8:13 am
Former Cardinals Boldin and Rodgers-Cromartie moving on to Championship Round
Wide receiver Anquan Boldin, who finally broke through and earned his first Super Bowl ring with the Baltimore Ravens in 2013, caught a game-high eight receptions for 136 yards, as the San Francisco 49ers dispatched of the Carolina Panthers by a final of 23-10 in Charlotte.
For Boldin, next Sunday's appearance in the NFC title game against the Seattle Seahawks will mark his third in a conference championship game. In his two prior appearances, Boldin recorded nine catches for 94 yards and two touchdowns.
Boldin's former teammate, cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, also had a hand in his team's divisional round victory, as he recorded four solo tackles and a game-high three pass deflections in the Denver Broncos' 24-17 win over the San Diego Chargers.
The former Cardinals first-round pick, who was traded to the Philadelphia Eagles along with a second-round pick for Kevin Kolb back in July 2011, has three interceptions on the year to go along with 31 tackles.
Rodgers-Cromartie and the Broncos will host the New England Patriots next Sunday for the right to represent the AFC in Super Bowl XLVIII.
Former Arizona offensive lineman Adam Snyder (49ers), linebacker O'Brien Schofield (Seahawks) and linebacker Paris Lenon (Broncos) will also be participants in the conference championship games.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!